Conseils avant de partir aux voyageurs qui visitent l'Italie
With little distance from Ravenne, Rimini celebrates Italian city of Riviera, is a tourist center combining attractions and pleasures of the sea. But Rimini is also a city with a history, which in fact a very interesting cultural place. Indeed the old name of the town of Rimini, Ariminum derives from Etruscan king Arimno and the currencies discovered in the city testify to the domination of this king. Thereafter the city was dominated by the Senons Cocks and in 471 bf. JC. , the Romans who made a colony of it.
Importance of the increased of share its strategic position and maritime city. On the Place of Ariminum, today Place Three Martyrs, Jules Cesar in 50 bf. JC. harangua militia after the famous passage of Rubicone in which the die was drawn. Thus Auguste preferred Rimini and as a sign of recognition it made set up into 27 the large Triumphal arch, today Arc of Auguste. Then Tibere in the long term carried out the construction of the bridge on Marecchia already started with Auguste, current bridge of Tibere. With the arrival of Malatesta in 1216 the city returned to the splendor which she had known in antiquity.
Dante also points out to us part of the history of the city. In 1285 occurred the tragedy in love with Paolo and Francesca, girl of Guido de Ravenne, married in spite of it, in Giovanni Malatesta. It was allured by the Paolo brother-in-law, beautiful and elegant riding, but the lovers were tragically killed after the discovery of their secret love. Dante in the fifth song of the Hell of the Divine comedy took as a starting point this history and created the worms with this episode. By its reign, which lasted of 1437 with 1468, Sigismondo Malatesta, called by certain historians as “the set ablaze prince” finalized his work of construction with famous Castel Sismondo, built in 1446 and reconverted in prison at the beginning of the XIXeme century, until 1967. In honor with its Isotta des Actes, beloved it dedicated marvellous Temple of Malatesta. top of the page
Rimini thus remains a long time a pleasant and elegant city as testifies to them its places, of which the very pretty Cavour place and its Pigna fountain built in 1543 by Giovanni da Carrara. The drum supporting the pine cone goes up however at the time Roman. This fountain represented the only drinkable water resource of the town of Rimini until 1912, date of the inauguration of the public network of distribution of water. The fountain carries many inscriptions or commemorative plaques, but the most famous testimony engraved on the fountain is that of Leonardo di Vinci : 'Fassi un'armonia con le diverse cadute d'acqua, come vedesti alla fonte di Rimini, come vedesti addì 5 d'Agosto 1502' (That a harmony is composed by the various falls of water, as I saw with the fountain of Rimini, on August 5th, 1502) (Plate posed in 1946, with an erroneous date). top of the page
Then until the XVIIIeme century, the city will be the prey of incursions of soldiers, earthquakes, famines, floods and pirate raids. At this point in time fishing will take all its importance, as construction testifies some to works offering an functional architecture such as the “Pescheria” (Fish market) and the headlight.
Concerned like all Romagna with the passage of the troops jacobines, Rimini is included in the Cisalpine Republic in 1797. The Napoleonean government removes the monastic orders and confiscates their goods, involving the dispersion of an enormous inheritance as well as the demolition of many churches of which the old cathedral Santa Colomba. But today it's possible to see the beautiful and ancient church of St. John the Evangelist, now St Augustin church. At the beginning of the XIV century it was frescoed by Giovanni from Rimini and his school. Today, the frescoes of the apse (Christ on the throne and Histories of St. John the Evangelist) rediscovered after 1916 earthquake can still be admired. The Last Judgement, removed from the tympanum, now covered by an 18th century ceiling, is exhibited in a large hall of the Town Museum together with other masterpieces of the Rimini School and a marvellous Pietà by Giovanni Bellini. In the first half of the XVII century, the gothic interior was rimodelled according to baroque canons; the decorations, drawn by Ferdinando Bibiena, date back to the century after. St. Augustine became the temporary Cathedral of Rimini from 1798 to 1809 and after the 2nd World War, waiting for the restoration of the Temple which had suffered serious damage. It is of Rimini that Joachim Murat reads its proclamation with the Italians on March 30th, 1815 to encourage them with the unit and independence. top of the page
It is finally at the XIXeme century that the town planning of the city will change aspect with the construction of the new avenue - today viale Principe Amedeo - which was to connect the historical center at the seaside. The Rimini news was going to be born, before becoming the European capital of the holidays. Today, the `palata', is the mole of the port, is the preferred walk of the inhabitants of the city, the place of Amarcord, the kingdom of the sailors and the fishermen supervised by the headlight and furrowed by the `poveracciaie' (boats equipped for fishing with the clams): that it is at dawn or sleeping known sun, it offers to any hour the feeling of a dive in the sea and a splendid panorama.
Today a line of blue sea underlines the coasts of Rimini and its charm of antan did not disappear, for that which will be able to combine the pleasures that offers the seaside and the treasures which the historical center contains, it will be the insurance of an unforgettable stay… top of the page
Address of the tourism office :
Town Hall of Rimini
Piazzale Fellini 3,
Tel : 0039 - 05 41 70 45 87
Fax : 0039 - 05 41 54 290
E.mail : email@example.com
www.itinerairesbis.com, thank's for your visit.
Cette page est protégée par un ©Copyright toute reproduction partielle ou totale est strictement interdite sans l'accord écrit du site www.itinerairesbis.com